Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Am currently using this lovely but extrememly fuzzy organic cotton, bulky yarn that I got off eBay a while back, to make a multi-paneled blanket for hubby. I'd actually like to make his out of wool, as the stitch definition is clearer, but I had loads of this lying around and it is so very soft, so....

I hope it's less fuzzy after the washing. The fuzz is really bothering my nose as i knit with it. But after just two weeks I am already almost pau with two panels. I think I overplanned when this yarn first came in. Pored over Vogue stitionary 1 and 2 for hours trying to choose just the right designs to go with each organic color. Filling pages and pages in my knit planning notebook with notes and calculations. This time I just flipped though the stitches and picked. I already knew I liked the oxo pattern as the recipient would be a loved one. I want to try a leafy one too, in keeping with the organic theme, but the yarn texture may decide otherwise.

Here is the oxo pattern, unblocked, as it is still OTN.








Next are the two panels side by side; although this is not the final order.
The first, brown panel is in a feathery looking pattern. My kids love how the panels feel and are already trying to wrap themselves up in the strips.

I just bought a yarn ball winder off eBay as my arm got tired that last time I wound the green ball. Now I have to make a swift. YES, I said MAKE.

No comments: