Thursday, March 29, 2007

BBS

The gigantigous, humongufying supergallopagus Big Black Socks are almost pau. Just the toes of both to finish. Actually just the toe of one. Will kitchener the first one shut when I am absolutely sure they are both the same length. These are size 15. These may be the last pair of BBS is do. My hands really hurt from knitting them after each session. The foot is knit very snuggly in larger yarn than the cuff for more durable wear.

I saw a picture of a widow sleeping in her sleeping bag next to her husband's flag-covered coffin the night before the funeral. And I just felt so sad for her, for the other families who'd lost people in this war. Knitting these boring socks is also a reminder to me to be thankful for my blessings and that my husband is safer for not being military. We don't think about it that much, but as Americans, we pay a heavy price for our freedoms.

2 comments:

Kathi said...

I'm glad that I'm finally finding time after a rough year to try to get back into knitting. Glad to see you are blogging. I am going to try to attend the meeting on the 5th(depends on work!). I really need help on a certain project!

Wendi said...

I'm so glad to finally hear from you again, Kathi! And now that i see your updated blog i can read you new happenings. How is your son?