Saturday, February 10, 2007

Pie, Bacteria, Baby, and Kid
I feel like I'm always trying to post this as fast as I can before am needeed by a kid.

The soldier socks are taking forever because I'm using only size 1 needle and cast on 80 stitches! There's a reason knitters don't make big people socks all the time! I just thought some big guy could use a pair of big black handknit socks from the states. I am seriously wondering if I can pump out two pairs of these puppies. Maybe I'll change the ribbing to make it novel the next time around.

I have joined a real live, VINTAGE, stitch n bitch!!! This group has been meeting for 20 years! They are listed in the Department of Parks and Recreation adult classes in my area. Currently they meet at the community center every week! I am so thrilled! I think I probably knit the most far-out stuff: creatures and such. Not sure they had knit socks before but they are fun to hang with. (My kids are screaming at the top of their lungs right now but they ain't bothering me so I'ma happy!)

Had to knit a last-minute gift for a two-year old and this is what came out of my yarnage:I'm thinking of naming it after the Staph bacteria I recently read about that is penicilin resistent, can cross the skin barrier, and can lead to a flesh-eating bacerial infecton. If that doesn't freak you out, I don't know what will. This critter is bigger than the other bacterias because it was for a younger person than the other recipients. I used Caron Softee Chunky and size 4 dpns. The little leggies are in double stranded Caron Simply Soft on same dpns.Before working on the bacteria, I tried making this blueberry pie slice. But it was taking too long so I stopped to whip up the bacteria. After, I finished the filling. Now to do the crusts. I have wanted to make this thing for a while, but what r ya gonna do with a fake slice of pie?! It sure is more fun than that black sock ribbing, I tell ya.
And this is my youngest's newest baby. She doesn't want the hat that goes with it but will settle for a diaper. I'd like to modify the velcro attachments to buttonholes for faster finishing. The baby is adorable, smaller than its older sister made for the older sister. I think she needs a piko (belly button in hawaiian). This is the third baby I've made. They are fun and fast.
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft, but with Lisa Souza deep purple sock yarn for eyes
Pattern: Oli's Baby by anapaulaoli.etsy.com
Hook: F

And last but certainly not least, this is why I stay home:Just think, I'd miss this stuff if I worked outside the home. In a SANE environment.

1 comment:

Steffi said...

Very cute pictures and good works.How many socks for soldiers you want knit?

Steffi