Sunday, June 03, 2007

So two of our parakeets died this past week. I changed their diet to include fruits and vegetables on advice of the bird guy at the vet and I guess the birds couldnt adapt. One 'keet is fine but sad to be alone again. I'm pretty sure the other two died of starvation when I cut their seed amount to force them to eat the fresh stuff.

Four Friends barrette is pau. Mostly the bear has been wearing it.

And this is me enjoying a very rare chocolate milkshake while on a Girls Nite Out with my budz and special visiting bud on her way to stay in Okinawa. We ate dinner and desert at Chili's in Waikele. The chicken strips were tender and the milkshake was AWESOME. And the girls were asleep when I got home before 10 p.m.!

I watched the first episode of Starter Wife with Debra Messing. I like her. Not overly impressed with show otherwise. Maybe too much hype. It looks like they may have killed off my favorite character! On to watching more back episodes of Grey's Anatomy. They just killed off my other fav character on that show - Denny the heart patient. So sad. So so sad. And then those bomb guys bit it! This series is so riveting I can only knit socks because my eyes are riveted to the screen. It's the most compelling hospital show EVER.

Older one's recent works from her class Adventures In Art:
The teacher is very good. Art in the schools is not a priority for the Dept of Education any more so I am glad I can provide her with this opportunity.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Sorry to hear about the parakeets...I always feel so bad when any animal dies. I love those flowers you are making...what a cute idea. Anyway, I tried to email you but it wasn't going thru. If you could email me at gfigure@yahoo.com I think you will be in good shape with the bookmark swap. Thanks!

Wendi said...

I wanna replace the parakeets but not just yet. Don't want the kids to think pets are as replaceable as batteries. Thanks for getting me your email!

Wendi said...

The flowers are so fun and so simple and so changeable in size and yarn and use. I LUV em!