Sunday, December 10, 2006

Oh the insanity!

Today I wrapped a bunch of handmade gifts, some partly purchased. I think I was in constant panic-attack mode, what with trying to keep the different presents separated and correctly labeled, while fending off my two children who constantly want this, that, and the other thing, all at the same time. I feel done! There is so much more to do, and I just want it to be OVER! Why do I do this to myself every year? I suppose if I bought more gift wrapping accessories (printed chinese take out box, gift bags, gift boxes, etc.) it might make the job easier, but I kinda want to be done with the purchasing part of this holiday. I spent a lot of time and energy on these endeavors, and i just don't want to spend any more moola for a little while. But on the other hand, it feels SO LIBERATING to just buy the darn gift!

And then, what do I get for the really picky kid? The kind who will throw the thing over their shoulder the second it is opened if it just does not suit him or her? Hmmm. Ah, I know! Something the younger sibling will latch onto once it is discarded by the older one! Inspiration strikes. Thank you blog gods!

No comments: