Sunday, December 24, 2006

Wala!
For all those i am pretty sure I will be seeing very soon this holiday season, all gifts for the young 'uns are done. DONE! This year the mom-friends gifts were mostly ...ummm...put on back burners as I raced to finish their children's gifts - all handmade, I am proud, and exhausted, to add.

Sushi Puff (pronounced poof like that english thang) adopted from Sushi Roll by MK Carroll (it's the same thing, i just renamed it for the kid and put a bottom on it to make into a cushion)
pattern: Sushi Roll on crochetme.com
yarn: Caron Simply Soft
hook: G for rice and size 4 dpns for knit nori
time: kind of long for a kid's thing but it is SO CUTE and squishy!


Scarf for the Sis
pattern: Shelly by Emily Nelson on Crochet me
yarn: 2 skeins CascadeYarns Dolce
hook: K
time: 3 hours? FAST
The hook seems too big but the drape is wondrous! Yarn so soft!

Shhhh. Don't tell but I actually had to use this thing while camping. It was so cold at night I draped it over my head to sleep, right after completing it! Wowie! I am so glad I got to use that softy drapey thing.

And the last handmade thing has been delivered!!! On to something fun and purple I saw in the most recent Knit Simple magazine. That purse on the cover - sans the puff balls. I think I'll line it too. For me this time.

1 comment:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Well done, Wendi! The sushi roll is so cute, and look at all the other handmade gifts you've cranked out.

Happy, Merry!