Friday, December 29, 2006

A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. Remembered it last night while reading Berenstain Bears to my kids. Weird how the brain works. Anyway, this book was memorable because it was from adult viewpoints in teen bodies. Plus the writing was just really compelling. I only read books that cause me to care about the characters and their outcomes. Very much so in this case. I can relate to the characters feelings of discovery, regret, confusion, and longing.

And in crochet news...the sunny side up egg from anapaulaoli.etsy.com. The designer uses safety eyes, which i think are cuter but don't have. So this one is just french knots.
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft yellow and white, bits of black
Hook: E
Time: 1 hour?

Most amigurami patterns using worsted weight yarn call for G hook but I use E or F, depending, so I don't have to hook tightly for a nice effect.

No comments: