Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Being in Hawaii my family and i use words like boob or cheechee. I think cheechee is a kid or guy word. In any case, did you know...there is no such word on the net as chee chee or chi chi or cheechee or chichi referring to boobs? My hubby just looked on google with zero accurate results. Like that was worth spending time on. But he did. And now we know. Okay then.

I wanted to share, my really nice older lady knitting/crocheting/crafting group with whom I meet on Thursday evenings, share no crazy yarn lust kinship with myself. SIGH....I think they just see it as a tool but not an ends!!! I brought the green stuff I had recently purchased and only one person actually touched it (nobody's fingers itched to just grab the stuff) and the only comment was "Ho, expensive, eh!" So. so. I so sad. I like them really, but they just don't understand! That must be why so many knitters have online communities and frenz. Because no one they actually know in the flesh understands this color and fiber craze that has us gripped so tightly it is our drug. Before when I thought about drugs, I imagined the high from cough syrup. Now I just imagine YARN, LOTS AND LOTS of yarn. I think if I ever made it to Mocha Java one of these days I would never leave. I would be there til closing and nobody in my family would be happy about the bather/teeth brusher/flosser/story reader/go to sleep body not being there for ONE whole evening a week. That does it. I'm gonna try it. Maybe tomorrow!!!

I tried to find a decent image of yarn and boobs together but couldn't.

6 comments:

Mokihana said...

I say "chi chi's" all the time! It's the only word I've ever used for "boob". Sometimes, without thinking, I've used it when I'm with my haole friends and get a kinda funny look, but then they realize the context and get it. Now they know what it means, and a couple of them have incorporated it into their conversations, too!

Too bad the older wahine don't understand touchie-feelie fiber craze. But us online folks do! And if we're lucky enough, we get them in person too!

Mokihana

Anonymous said...

are you going to crochet chichi bandaids for small ones like mine?

debbie said...

i'm so glad you made it tonight - was my first visit and i definitely will come again! i loved your 'see jayne knit' yarn - so soft....

Opal said...

i couldn't keep my hands off that yarn. i totally get it. this obviously means you need to get out more to our meetings. ;-)

Wendi said...

Opal, i think the key operative words in your comment are "get out more"!

Wendi said...

Chichi bandaids! Ha! LOL! Funny thing, my previously breastfeeding friend used bandaids to wean her kids.