Saturday, July 21, 2007



Trying to get this last pair of Soldier Socks off my back. Making good progress on the foot of one, what with the thicker yarn.


Also trying to complete my first sweater in a long time and the first sweater for my husband. Mid-August deadline. The location of his business trip is said to be chill. From Interweave Knits summer 2006. I have the worst luck substituting yarns and getting gauge so I just used what the pattern calls for, cascade 220, in a lovely deep shade of brown. Oh, ya, it didn't hurt that the model was totally yummy. The simple lines of the piece are really what made me think my guy would wear it. (and, yes, i do just keep telling myself that, sort of. Hey, i need some kind of incentive to keep working madly at that sheer volume of back and forth stockinette.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like you're working very hard. like the new pony tail rubberbands.

Opal said...

i love the way that sweater is working up. it's going to very good-lookin' once it's done!