Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Amigurumi!
Lately, I've just been working on crocheting critters. Big critters. Little critters. Bookmark critters. The bunny got a lei. Another in the works. Bunny, I mean. Small fighter dudes in the works. I'm having so much fun making other people's patterns I haven't given a thought to working on stuff for my etsy shop. (awww, do i haf to?) It's probably because acrylic stuff is the most readily available and affordable fiber for me to work with. I keep wanting to order a plethora of wool from elann.com or knitpicks because those sources are affordable, but as they are not right in front of my nose and under my fingers, the other stuff gets picked up faster. I felt Red Heart Soft yarn. It is a lot softer than the regular Red Heart. Comparable to Caron Simply Soft, but little heavier, still worsted. Until RH Soft, Caron SS was my acrylic amugurumi fiber of choice. That may change. Have this farm mat I would like to try after this spate of amigurumi are out of my system. Just wanna knit the fields, grass squares, sew um together, and then make the sheep (SHEEP!) and cows and things that go on top of it. Forget the kids, I'll play with it!

No comments: