Saturday, January 27, 2007

BATTERY!
I have been having trouble with my digital camera's battery pack. It keeps acting like a baby and needing recharging after every few pictures. I think I need to replace the charger or the battery itself, maybe both. So, every time I want to take a picture I have to pop that sucker into the recharger. Gets kind of distracting to posting after a while.

Just finished one side of socks for my Dad. It is in this beautiful Regia brown multistripe...with these horrid red strip parts - the heel and toe. By itself, this red color is okay, but combined with earthy browns, it just doesn't work. The reason I've added this bizarre color element is at the request of my nearly blind mother who claimed she wouldn't be able to locate brown socks against the brown wood floor in order to wash them. To which I told her just tell him if he wants the socks washed to put them in the dirty laundry area. Sounds simple, no? But you know men...So it's got red. In. It. The pattern is absolutely beautiful, particularly for a man's sock.

In other news, sent my friend in D.C. this crocheted turtle bookmark. There seems to be something wrong with the pattern because it is not symmetrical. Bought pattern also from Crochetroo. Cannot find on etsy still, to ask about that. I love the use of beads in crochet.

Also, trying to teach my 5 year old to crochet. She kinda learned to knit one day when I thought she was watching too much tv, but hasn't practiced much in the past few months. Instead of her learning to crochet, she decided to become the jewelry designer and I became...the poorly paid labor! So she created the beading order and I dutifully crocheted these large pony beads on to this cotton and rayon twisted yarn we bought at WalMart. We discussed costs, pricing, and profit margins, as my hubby encourages her to start her own business and work for herself so she can control her time. Aside from the slave labor part, it was kind of fun.

No comments: