Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Before I shut down for the night saw this and had to share. It is Lang Pearl yarn: acrylic, mohair and polyester. In worsted weight, it is THE PERFECT color for my sister who's been living in Michigan for a few years with boyfriend. You know, the whole experimenting with college, work, and living away from home thing. Anyways, she's the roughest to knit for because i know she won't handwash anything and just does not really appreciate beautiful wool. That and I'm not sure how long this whole living on the mainland thing will last, so I dont wanna knit her anything major, like a sweater, that will be useless once she returns for good.

However, she has confessed to being fond of deep blue, red, and green. Dark, true colors. And then I found this cute Hermione's cable-and-bobble hat with just the same weight of yarn required and I thought, hey! There's a possiblity. Of course, I'm the Harry Potter fan, so maybe I'll just make it for myself and wear it around the house when the air conditioning is turned on (like my lovely wool hiking socks) and pretend it's actually cold enough to need one of these. Hmmm... I love the swoosh meandering around the bobbles. Not found of those bobble ball things but this pattern is very interesting.

No comments: