Thursday, November 09, 2006


Where yarn?
Okay, okay. Where is the knitting, you ask. The crocheting. The yarn??? I am not comfortable taking pictures of my WIP and usually just wait until I am finished to take pics, but since I gots a blog, may as well. So here is potential birthday present for a three year old. My own munchkin had so much color input, she may claim it as her own, however. Is from a cute amigurami pattern from Roxycraft http://www.roxycraft.com/The_trio_info.htm.

It is supposed to be a lion but i had all this extra purple cotton ease from Lion Brand lying around, and i always like to do the unexpected. And, well, let's just say I'm a hoping it gets cuter when fully assembled. Here is original:


Does anyone know the secret of making cute knit or crochet toy faces? Do ya have to use eye things or can you embroider cute ones on? The flat button thing doesn't really seem to do it.


And here is me crocheting...at the beach!

We went after school today, about 3:30 p.m. and the sky was cloudy but absolutely beautiful. Not too hot but kinda cold once you come out of the water. Late afternoon is a really good time to go to the beach because it is less crowded and the sun is less strong. Especially for us slacker moms who don't always put sunscreen on the kids.

My hubby said the water was very clear and could see schools of fish swimming around his legs. He said they were probably nibbling on skin flakes. Ewwww!

No comments: