Wednesday, November 01, 2006


This is our baby parakeet, Bajinda, of Kikaida fame. Yes, that's a sock on my hand. We're trying to hand train her (we assume it's a her) and she bites. HARD! I've only gotten around to taking her out of her cage one or two times a day. And she is very quiet. Am worried she may need bird company but that may hinder hand-training.

The girls love her. The little one always says good morning and good night to the bird and even "reads" to her.

And this is oldest in costume. She sure snagged a lot of loot for just our half block of trick 'r treating!


This is the other one dressed as a tomato. Without the green part. It was crocheted with green yarn and green fabric strips, green fabric leaves tacky glued to wire. Worked better as a belt than headpiece.

My hubbie and I made these two costumes but after the time and stress, I wasn't sure it was worth it. But then the kids were SO happy with their costumes, i guess it was worthwhile after all. Although perhaps I could start earlier than the night before for final assembly, as I had to hand sew the tomato costume. Fortunately, it has many creative possibilities in years to come.



CENTIPEDE!
Found baby version of this icky nasty in yard while raking up wet leaves. Daughter is taking to school tomorrow for show and tell (it's science, ya know). I squished it a bunch of times but it's still got some kick.

1 comment:

安淋 - Kessa said...

I didn't know birds bite. Someone once told me parrot's beak are too weak to bite and I assumed that all birds are the same. lol. I'm sure your parakeet will learn pretty fast, seeing as it is only a baby. The tomato costume looks so adorable!